Serving Clients In Virginia For More Than 25 Years

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Family Law
  4.  » Modifications And Enforcement

Experienced Virginia Attorneys For Post-Divorce Modifications

Life does not stop changing once your divorce is finalized. In fact, many people find that life’s biggest changes come well after matters of custody and support are initially decided. At Robert L. Isaacs & Associates, we help our clients deal with these changes and other post-divorce complications by seeking modifications or enforcement of custody and support orders.

Certain changes in circumstances may mean that the terms of your current order are no longer applicable or beneficial. In other cases, one party may refuse to abide by the agreed-upon terms, leaving the other party to deal with the consequences. Our divorce and family law attorneys seek effective solutions to these matters.

If you have questions or concerns about modifying or enforcing an order of child support, child custody or spousal support, call Robert L. Isaacs & Associates, in Henrico at 804-728-0228 or complete our contact form. We can assess your case and explain your options.

Grounds For A Modification

Depending on the circumstances, a parent can seek a formal change to a custody plan if the current one is not working, the custodial parent is unfit, or the terms are no longer in the best interests of the children. In many cases, modifications pertain to support orders because financial circumstances have changed. Some reasons to modify a support order include:

  • The supporting parent lost his or her job.
  • The supporting parent has a new job with higher pay.
  • The child’s needs have changed.

If you believe that your circumstances merit a change to your existing order, we can help you seek a modification that is more appropriate for you and your family.

Enforcing Support And Custody Orders

Once an order is final, both parties are legally required to do what the terms require of them, including making support payments, abiding by visitation and parenting agreements, and more. When one party refuses to abide by the terms of a family court order, the entire family could be affected. If you are experiencing this, we can petition the court on your behalf to compel the other party to comply.

Contact Robert L. Isaacs & Associates

If you have post-divorce legal concerns, we can help. To schedule a consultation with an experienced family law attorney, call us in Henrico at 804-728-0228 or complete our contact form. We represent clients throughout Henrico County and the Richmond area.